Osteopath London - Shepherds Bush W12
Master Ost & ND
Registered Osteopath, Naturopath and Cranial Osteopath
Vijay worked in business and the voluntary sector for six years before following a deeply-held interest in health by training as an Osteopath. He completed a four year Master in Osteopathy at the British College of Osteopathic Medicine
and is an Osteopath, Naturopath and Cranial Osteopath, incorporating gentle and effective cranio sacral techniques.
BCOM is renowned for Osteopathic excellence, where clinical practice is focused on the balance between biomechanical, nutritional and psychological factors for ensuring optimum health.
Vijay has a holistic approach to rehabilitating patients.
He is very keen on the client understanding both what is affecting their health and what together can be done to bring them to optimum health.
If you're unsure if Osteopathy is right for your condition,
or prefer to meet the Osteopath first,
book yourself a FREE Assessment
Book your FREE Assessment
Call 020 8749 3792
Book by Email
Although his main training is as an Osteopath and Naturopath, he has a long history of studying and living the principles of Yoga and Pilates, sometimes incorporating these disciplines when advising patients about follow-up exercises they can do at home.
Vijay’s main interest is in helping each one of his patients to achieve their maximum level of well-being. He enjoys treating people and seeing how, regardless of their age or condition, their quality of life improves.
Being a dad, Vijay has witnessed firsthand the value of Osteopathy, exercise and nutrition for both Baby and Mum: "I have a real interest in working with pregnant women and babies. This started after helping my wife enjoy a comfortable pregnancy by using a combination of osteopathy and the naturopathic doctrine and then witnessing firsthand the very real tangible changes our now three year old daughter benefited from whilst receiving cranial osteopathy."
This is an area that Vijay finds most rewarding since both new mums and babies are naturally very responsive to Osteopathic treatment.
"Vijay Netto has been treating me for approximately one year, mostly weekly, but sometimes twice weekly.
I have a chronic condition of the upper spine which gives me acute pain
in my neck and shoulders, and causes me to have headaches over my
right eye which vary from to low to severe pain.
I was told by my
consultant that nothing could be done save a spinal operation which I am
reluctant to undergo, since there is no guarantee of cure and in some
cases, an increase of the pain. At the time I started my treatment I was experiencing acute pain in my
neck etc. Recently I have also developed pain in my right upper arm and
have been told that it is not related to the spinal problem.
I can report some alleviation of the pain and discomfort in my neck and
shoulders while the arm condition is making steady progress, all of which
I am sure relates to Mr Netto's care and expertise.
He is extremely considerate and show's great empathy and consideration
in the way in which he engages with me. He is professional and
satisfactory in every way and I am pleased to strongly recommend him."
Ralph Saltiel (over 80 years young!)
* * * *
"I have a long history of back problems and used to suffer from constant back pain on a daily basis. Osteopathy managed to correct my scoliosis and thanks to Vijay’s treatment I no longer suffer from burning pain in my neck, lower back pain or sciatica.
Vijay also recommended some exercises and I find that the combination of both Osteopathy and these gentle exercises do wonders for my back.
While breastfeeding I was crippled with carpal tunnel syndrome to the point that I could not even open a baby bottle. My GP said nothing could be done and to just bear with it since it would go by itself. It took Vijay a couple of sessions to ease the pain. I could feel the improvement in mobility from the first session!
My back has been in such poor condition due to years of bad postural habits, misdiagnosed conditions and ill advice so much so that I used to suffer from extreme back pain on a daily basis. I remember even as a teenager having to lie down because the pain in my neck had become too much and I could not function again unless I lay down to rest.
Nowadays, thanks to Vijay, I have no pain but only occasional discomfort. I would not hesitate to recommend Vijay as he is a highly professional and competent Osteopath.
Maria Dominguez, London
Osteopathy is a system of manual medicine that diagnoses, treats and helps to prevent problems arising from and within the musculo-skeletal system (muscles, bones, joints, organs, connective tissue)
Osteopathy requires a detailed knowledge of anatomy, physiology and methods of clinical investigation on the part of the practitioner.
What does an Osteopath do?
- Diagnose and treat complaints occurring due to injury, stress, disease and accidents.
- Aim to enable the musculoskeletal system to work as efficiently as possible by disencumbering it from unnecessary stressors.
- Harness the body’s innate healing processes in the search for health and normal function.
- Believe a caring approach and attention to individual needs is paramount.
- Refer patients on to a registered medical practitioner when appropriate.
- Is always appropriate to the patient’s age and condition.
- Is available to all age groups.
- Is based on an osteopathic diagnosis.
- Is always carried out with the consent of the patient.
- Different techniques, eg cranial, soft tissue, structural manipulation are applied as necessary.
- Is a rigorous and demanding course lasting at least 4 years.
- Osteopaths at The Happiness Centre undertake a programme of continuous professional development.
And for peace of mind:
- Osteopathy is a safe and natural approach to health care
- Patients of any age can be treated effectively for a variety of health problems
- Every year over 6,000,000 patients in Great Britain consult an osteopath
- Every osteopath is registered with the General Osteopathic Council
- Every osteopath is properly insured
What can I expect in my Initial Osteopathic Consultation?
During your first appointment
- Full medical and accident history taken
- A physical examination given
- You will be asked to remove some outer clothing and a simple series of movement tests performed
- Points of weakness, strain or specific injury will be identified
- The musculo-skeletal assessment will be considered alongside lifestyle factors
- A treatment plan will be determined and initiated
- Treatment is included in this session
Call 020 8749 3792 to book your session with a Shepherds Bush & Hammersmith Osteopath:
London Osteopath - Aisha Afzal
London Osteopath & Cranio Osteopath - Micheal Francis
London Osteopath - Vijay Netto
Professional Bodies for Osteopathy
UK Healthcare Regulators
UK Social Care Regulators
Osteopath appointments are available during these hours:
Monday - Friday 8.30am til late
Saturday 8.30am - 5pm
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE and Sports Massage are available Mon - Fri plus Saturdays & Sundays 9am - 7pm.
SHEPHERDS BUSH OSTEOPATHS:
Osteopath - Micheal Francis
Osteopath - Aisha Afzal
Osteopath - Vijay Netto
Call Reception 020 8749 3792
If you are calling during a busy time or outside Reception hours, the call may go to voicemail. LEAVE A MESSAGE and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Or Make a Booking by Email
up to 60 minutes £65
Includes Consult and Treatment
up to 45 minutes £55
The number of sessions required depends on the nature of your injury, ailment or health problem. After the Initial assessment and treatment, any follow-up treament you may require is discussed in consultation with your treating Osteopath.
We accept cash and debit / credit cards including Amex.
Health insurance claims welcome such as BUPA, AXA/PPP, Norwich Union and most other insurers. Check your private or company health insurance policy before booking, as some insurance companies require a referral from your GP.
24 hours notice of cancellation is required or the full fee is payable.